The Apprentices

The Apprentices
The Apprentices from left to right - Lewis Manning, Connor Day, Amy Kirby, Paul Edwards (me), Greg Beaver, Jonathan Jones

Thursday 6 November 2014

First Impressions of Pensions

From today it has been a month since I started working on RPAS – Rathbone Pension & Advisory Services Limited. I didn’t quite know what to expect with it being a different line of business to Rathbone Investment Management, however I have found it very refreshing and interesting to experience the pension industry.

So far I am really enjoying this new challenge and the team have been very welcoming and helpful in order for me to settle in quickly. I have also been involved in two video conference meetings between our London and Liverpool RPAS office already, which is a strange experience compared to my previous team meetings which had been held in a room with everyone physically present.

On a final note, I have arranged to take my first IOC examination – Introduction to Securities and Investments in the first week of December. With the sole focus on the IOC qualification I am now studying this material a lot more and I am finding the content very interesting and relevant to the job I have done on a daily basis for the past year.

No comments:

Post a Comment